Tell Us What You Notice….
We need your eyes and wisdom to explore making Advent a vital and supportive force in our communities - within our parish, within our local neighborhoods and municipalities. Help us by taking notes on what you notice within our community and join us on October 1 from 11:30- 12:45 to share. A light lunch will be served.
In our meeting, we will…
- Harness our collective wisdom and experience.
- Come together to prayerfully explore and take notes upon where they saw wellness and un-wellness within their communities (please bring these notes to the October 1 event). - Share and listen to each other’s notes and experiences in a non-judgmental way.
- Seek to discern the trends of wellness and un-wellness that come up most frequently.
- Understand that we are called to further listening within our communities in order to fully understand trends we have identified.
- Form teams to explore and listen within our communities about specific issues we have identified.
- Ground our discussion in prayer and the witness of the gospel.
In our meeting we will not….
- Debate political issues.
- Seek to start new Advent-driven ministries.
- Seek to solve or place blame for complex social issues.
- Ask for money or time from members who do not want to commit to more than attending the October 1 meeting.
For this event, we remember the biblical image of God’s heart being stirred by needs of the Israelites as they lived under the bondage of slavery in Egypt. We seek to understand the needs and struggles of our community in faithful and authentic ways so that we might explore how God calls us to respond as a congregation.
This event is jointly sponsored by Partners in Mission (formerly Outreach) and the Missional Ministry Team.