The State of Pennsylvania now has very strict background check requirements, all to be updated every three (3) years, for any and all volunteers who have contact with children. For our parish, this requirement will extend to all Clergy, Staff, Vestry members, acolytes/ushers, children's chapel volunteers, Sunday School Teachers, Family Promise volunteers, and those involved in special children's programming. Please click on the blue links provided for instructions on each one of these very important checks.
The checks involved include:
1. Report of Criminal History from the Pennsylvania State Police: https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
2. Child Abuse History Clearance from Department of Human Services:
3. Employees and volunteers are required to have an FBI Fingerprint clearance:
(Affidavit available from Kathy Corkadel in the church office if you have been a resident of Pennsylvania for at least 10 years)
4. Completion of Safe Church online Training. Contact Kathy Corkadel in the church office for login details.
5. Pennsylvania Mandated Reporter Training (Act 31):
Church of the Advent is willing to reimburse anyone who completes these checks upon request. It is too important to follow Pennsylvania Law and keep our children safe.